Man, they’ve surely leveled up on the CG these days. Imagine, I’m sort of head over hills over Shank of Ralph Breaks the Internet. And Gal Gadot giving voice to the character is just part of the attraction. It’s her looks, and her poise, and the way she talks… Jesus, this is crazy. And to think in high school I smirked at those who claimed to have developed a crush on Veronica from the Archie comics.
Anyway, other highlights of the weekend:
- Saw the Avengers: Endgame teaser and was floored. April 2019 can’t come any sooner;
- Went to Megamall with the wifey and had lunch at Zubuchon, the latter memorable for my first taste of baked tahong in a long while. Made a mental note to try their baked scallops next;
- Scored a bunch of comics from Comic Quest and Filbar’s Megamall. I know I do this every week, but this one was different as the wifey was with me, and she herself scored a bunch of Coffin Hill back issues;
- Three movies: the aforementioned Ralph Breaks the Internet plus Peppermint and The Nun;
- Did a little toy photography on Sunday morning.
And that was that. Nice to have written about my weekend again after two weeks of absence. What can I say? The last two workweeks had been hectic, and up to now I’m still reeling from it. Plus, this being the Christmas season, there are just so many things to do. If only I could sleep December off, wake up when all the madness is over.
Then again, why miss the fun?
The last Komikon of the year took place on Saturday and Sunday, and as much as I would have liked to be there on those two days just to gawk and chat and stroll, I was only available on Saturday afternoon. Except for the hellish traffic I went through coming to the venue, it was still a fun experience, as evidenced by the bagful of comics I came home with. So I was a couple of thousand pesos poorer, so what?
Other highlights of the weekend:
- Spent an afternoon in Megamall all by myself, with lunch at Yoshinoya and a visit to Filbar’s to claim my comics for the week (Domino #8);
- Started watching the new DC series Titans (I like that it’s violent and gritty, and has Minka Kelly playing Dove);
- Finished reading The New Avengers 2 TPB;
- Went to a kiddie party in faraway Kalentong with the girls;
- Rearranged by graphic novel and comics collection because of the new additions.
And now I face another Monday thinking weekend should be a four-day thing.
Guns N’ Roses circa 2018 at the Philippine Arena is not the highlight of my weekend; rather, it’s Queen circa 1985 in London. Yes, I finally saw Bohemian Rhapsody, and the fact that I’ve been listening to nothing but Queen today is testament to how much I enjoyed the movie, flaws and all.
Other highlights of the weekend:
- Went to Megamall with the girls to inquire about visa requirements for our Planned Big Trip in 2019;
- Popped our DC Super Heroes Cafe cherry (food is good but pricey AF);
- Picked up two weeks’ worth of comics from Filbar’s Megamall;
- Finished reading Daredevil: Guardian Devil TPB;
- Finished reading Ford County, my first Grisham (I know. Sue me);
- Watched the last two episodes of The Haunting of Hill House.
All in all, a fine weekend of rock ‘n’ roll, family bonding, and escapism. Can’t have it any better.